Newsletter № 8/2022 refers to the implementation of volunteer activities by taxpayers – individuals, namely, personal income taxation and military levy’s taxation of funds that go to the volunteer's checking account, expenses and their documentary confirmation, reporting, etc.
Newsletter contains the following information:
- what categories of individuals have a right not to include in the total monthly (annual) taxable income of the taxpayer amount (value) of charitable assistance received from benefactors, including benefactors – individuals entered in Register of volunteers of the anti-terrorist operations and/or implementation of measures on ensuring national security and defense, repel and deter armed aggression of the Russian Federation;
- who belongs to family members of combatants and/or participants of mass public protest actions in Ukraine within the meaning of Sub-paragraph 165.1.54 Paragraph 165.1 Article 165 of the Code;
- up to which time income specified in Sub-paragraph 165.1.54 Paragraph 165.1 Article 165 of the Code is not included in the total monthly (annual) taxable income of taxpayers;
- what amount (value) of charitable assistance is not included in the total monthly (annual) taxable income of taxpayers specified in Sub-paragraph 165.1.54 Paragraph 165.1 Article 165 of the Code;
- whether charitable assistance paid (provided) by benefactors, including benefactors – individuals entered in Register or in accordance with the Law № 5073 for benefit of military personnel – participants in hostilities, is taxable;
- does individual, including military person, need to be registered in Register if funds received as charitable contributions to his / her account and are sent to other military personnel participating in hostilities for the purchase of special personal protective equipment by them;
- is a serviceman who is a participant in hostilities obliged to register in Register, if funds received in his / her account as charitable contributions for the purchase of special means of personal protection or technical means of surveillance;
- are funds transferred to the current account of individual as charitable contributions taxed, if such person is not registered in Register;
- whether participant in hostilities – serviceman must submit any reports in case of receiving charitable assistance from benefactor – individual entered in Register; charitable individual who is registered in Register and receives charitable contributions from resident/non-resident individuals;
- should a benefactor – individual, who is entered in Register, receive and keep documents confirming provision of charitable assistance to persons specified in Sub-paragraphs "a" and "c" of Sub-paragraph 165.1.54 Paragraph 165.1 Article 165 of the Code;
- whether status of individuals who live (lived) on the territory of settlements where hostilities are (were) being conducted and/or who were forced to leave their residence place due to hostilities in such settlements is confirmed/determined;
- how is status of individual who suffered as a result of armed aggression of the Russian Federation determined during the martial law, state of emergency determined;
- to which tax (reporting) periods the provisions of Sub-paragraph 170.7.2 Paragraph 170.7 Article 170 of the Code are applied;
- what benefits are available to individuals – volunteers from personal income tax and military levy.
Read the Newsletter here.